28.4.11

1 hour+ argument with Alvin

Just had an argument with my bf. Not about girls, character, family, car or whatsoever. It's about POLITICS regarding the upcoming general elections. How funny? But this is something very common. We are quite "into" current affairs. We read our own news, have an own say about many matters. I don't know if any other young couples are like us, but we debate over these kind of matters. I think it's probably good in a sense that I would want to be updated with the most recent happenings. So when he happen to voice it out, I know what he's talking.

Apparently we started the argument because he say he support PAP and I told him: "What you just said is very shallow". LOL he was offended by me, so he argued why so. I admit I looked down on him when he said that (the part where he never think and just say he support PAP). I kinda have this stereotype mentality that when people say they support PAP, its cause they are under the Singapore education system. History books, Civics and Moral Education (CME), etc all pro PAP. So most dumb asses who do not read about news will definitely HEARTS PAP. Not that PAP is bad, but how can a government be foolproof? There are places where PAP needs to improve! I don't need opposition party to win or PAP to lose. I just think that the parliament should at least have a comfortable amount of opposition vs PAP seatings (15 vs 72?). To me, its not a pro PAP or pro opposition situation. I think people should look at their own constituency and vote wisely. Look at the candidates, listen and analyze what they have promised, is it practical/feasible or is it sugar coated words. Because I'm very sure no matter what these politicians want to do, they first need to have a loose budget. So, look in their pockets, their promises and compare who's better. Never vote for someone because "your friends say so", thats the stupidest thing EVER!

No comments:

Post a Comment